For awhile, I thought I might never finish. But now that I'm nearly done, it’s getting easier and going a lot faster.
I'm very much looking forward to finishing so I can start drafting ideas and writing.
I am waaaaay off of my proposed timeline. Oops.
There’s one week left until I start my teaching job at HACC York. Crossing my fingers that I can catch up on my writing/drafting this week!Some themes and topics that have continually come up in the mother-daughter interviews include, but aren’t limited to:
- Traveling together internationally, or regrets about not traveling
- Difficulty choosing just one favorite memory together because there are so many
- Differences between raising sons and daughters
- The significant presence of a third generation, either the daughter’s children or the mother’s mother
- Shifting mother-daughter roles as the daughter becomes an adult, and again when/if the mother’s health declines
- Mothers learning from their daughters as much as daughters learn from their mothers.As I continue to draft and go over my transcription notes, I’ll post snippets from the interviews so stay tuned!