I hadn’t been completely sedentary through March and April, but I only got to the pool once every other week, maybe ran 3 to 5 miles once a week on a treadmill, and sporadically lifted weights and did yoga. Occasionally, I’d warm up on my bike, fixed to a trainer in my basement, but that was about it.
Not terrible, but definitely not good enough for competition preparation.
The past 2 weeks, I’ve upped my training:
- Swimming: 3,000 yards, 3 times per week, but hoping to increase yardage. Didn’t want to increase yardage too quickly and damage my shoulders
- Cycling: 2 times a week – once on the road, so far, and the rest in spin class
- Running: only 1 treadmill run per week so far, but hoping to increase to twice a week trail runs
- Weights: 3 times per week, including stretch bands to strengthen the minor muscles and tendons to prepare for a long swim
- Yoga: only 1 time per week so far, but would like to increase to 3 times per week.
So far, I have been feeling a little tired, but not sore or completely fatigued.
I’m still experimenting with nutrition.