The Daughter Project
“every woman is a daughter…”
A Multimedia Storytelling of My Trip around the Country with My Mom to Interview Other Mother-Daughter Duos
- The Daughter Project in the News!
- Travel from Harrisburg to Chicago - "I Slept with a Seatbelt on Last Night"
- Interview with Eileen and Alex in Chicago
- Denver - "It Rained All Day in Denver!"
- Interview with Debbie and Elan in Denver
- Salt Lake City - "So...He Had an Affair with the Housekeeper?"
- Interview with Paula and Tina in Salt Lake City
- San Francisco - "We Almost Made it to San Francisco"
- Interview with Valorie and Danielle in Palo Alto (San Francisco)
- Los Angeles
- Interview with Toby and Julie in Los Angeles
- Interview with Linnea Duvall, Family and Marriage Counselor
- Tucson - "My First Time in the Desert"
- Interview with Tobie and Tamara in Tucson
- Interview with Nancy and Renie in Tucson
- Navajo Blessing for the Daughter Project
- San Antonio - "We Sweated in San Antonio"
- Interview with Melvillyn and her mother in San Antonio
- New Orleans - "We Got Sweaty in New Orleans, Too"
- Interview with Lynn and Nicole in New Orleans
- Atlanta and Interview with Beth and Evelyn in Atlanta
(All Daughter Project Posts)
The mother-daughter relationship plays an integral role in every woman’s life. This relationship, or lack of it, helps to determine how women view themselves as women. Christiane Northrup, M.D., author of Mother-Daughter Wisdom, writes, “Though I acknowledge that the culture at large plays a significant role in our views of ourselves as women, ultimately the beliefs and behavior of our individual mothers exert a far stronger influence.”
I believe every woman has a story (or two) about her mother, or a mother-like figure, that describes how the relationship has shaped her life for the better and/or worse. I want to help you share these stories.
I’ll post new stories and research on mother-daughter relationships weekly. If you have stories you’d like to share, please post them in the comments section of any of my Daughter Project blog posts or contact me by e-mail. I look forward to hearing your stories!